Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Truck!!

Well, my friend Cynthia drove me to Newmarket/Aurora to pick up my Pathfinder on Saturday. It's working great. Everything runs awesome, the 4 wheel drive system is good, the engine is powerful. The only real problem that I've noticed so far is the smell. It was a smokers car and it shows. There is that sort of stank smell kicking around. But, there's also a film of slime on everything in the car. I imagine it's the liquified ashes of 10 years of cigarettes. On the bright side, it's a leather interior, so the smell is mostly confined to surfaces, not embedded in the upholstery.
However, it may be time to buy another car. I was driving around in Midland last night and I stumbled across a Toyota Corolla SR5 for sale. This was the last "sporty" model of the Corolla that had rear-wheel-drive. It may even be built on the legendary AE-86 chassis (I need to look into that, it may also be an AE-85). But, either way, if the frame is in good shape and I can get it for $200-$500 then I might have a 3rd car in the driveway by tonight. The Corolla along with the Tercel and the Pathfinder. That won't piss my landlord off at all.