Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yep, the Corolla SR5 is the AE-85

So, the Corolla SR5 is not the super sporty version AE-86, it's the more pedestrian AE-85. But, it's still RWD. So, if I can get it for $200-$500 I'll still consider buying. Then Dad and I can spend the winter tearing out the engine, brakes, suspension, transmission, and differential. Then next year we just replace it all with parts from sportier cars. I do hope it's standard though. Then I can drive it for a bit before we start hammering on it.
I'd love to take some pictures of the Corolla, and my Pathfinder for that matter, but my camera is CRAP!! I was looking at a Canon and a Sony on the weekend. I'd have probably bought the Sony on the weekend, except they only support memory stick duo making them completely useless to me. It's amazing how Sony took all the worst features of Wintel, and all of the worst features of Apple and managed to combine those features in their products. They have both the traditional unreliability of wintel as well as the incompatibility of apple and gave them both to their PCs. I think I'm going to have to wait a while for the price of the Canon I was looking at to drop. Although, I may just go buy it tonight. Who knows.