Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Heading to Orlando and other news...

So, last week I had an interview for a job in New Zealand. It seemed to go "OK", but not great. I know it wasn't great, because they haven't called me back yet. So, this leaves me thinking that I'll have to start applying to jobs soon. They still love me here, but I'm not sure if I can handle Mississauga. This city really is a wasteland, although Kombat Arts is still the most amazing martial arts gym I've ever been to. They're having Matt Lindland in to do a seminar this weekend. He's the #1 185lb fighter in the world if you're wondering. And he's following on the tail of BJ Penn, Renata Sobral, Frank Trigg, and Georges St. Pierre, all of who did seminars there in the past year. Plus the head BJJ coach, Mark Bocek, is one of the 10 best grapplers in North America.
Also, I'm heading to Orlando next week with my Cheerleading team. I think the girls will do really well in the competition, they've been training very hard and I know my exercises have been increasing their power output for the past 5 months. Still, one of the girls, Amy, was able to base some partner stunts last weekend that I was unable to perform. So, I'm hoping Orlando will give me a chance to improve my technique. We're staying very close to Disney in a cool looking house with a pool. Oh, and I'll need to get some green food colouring for my beer, as St. Patricks day is that Saturday.
On a final note, I'm going to look at an apartment tonight. I think I'll be staying in the GTA for the next little while, so I might as well have my own place. Plus, if I set up an office, I can write off part of my rent. Huzzah!