Monday, April 09, 2007

Hate being sick

Well, I went home for the weekend to hang out with the Family. The kids were both sick and I think I picked up a cold from them. But, I figure I will be able to go home early tonight and relax. I really think that I did this to myself though. I spent like 4 days in a row of only a few hours of sleep, and then topped it off with a night of drinking on Friday. But, like I said to my friend Angela, I think the drinking hurt with the cold but helped with my sanity.

So, tonight will be skipping wrestling. Although, I do want to go to the gym today for a light workout. I feel like I need to move around a bit. Too bad there wasn't a park or something near here where I could go for a walk. But, Mississauga is a wasteland, so you can't expect it to have anything that would be good for you. That has been a huge factor in my decision to go to New Zealand. That's right, I've got my offer and I'll be going in June. I just can't work in this city anymore. I need to get out of here. Honestly, when I come back from New Zealand, I may try to go back to NEBS up in Midland. That was a great little town. Or, maybe I'll email up Greg Douglas in Barrie to see if they're doing anything interesting that they need help with. Then I could commute from Midland to Barrie.

At the wrestling competition I was at last weekend, (I weighed in at 167.6lbs) there were a few guys from Barrie Jiu Jitsu, and they did really well. I had no idea there was a grappling gym up there at all.